Monday 3 October 2011

Burning In Orange



I know in previous posts I have mentioned that I was hopping that fall would come sooner. Well now I’m regretting my decision, it absolutely freezing out. But enough about regrets and talk some great key pieces that are making their way in to stores. This season I'm loving a chunkier sweater for women loose in fit and with a fabulous cowl neck like the one featured below in the burnt orange. The knit sweater is by Sanctuary and retails for $150.

When wearing a piece that is over sized like this you want to have minimal accessories. Choose something you love like a statement bracelet or a great leather bag. In a great outfit there’s one thing you want to show case. Having accessories that compete with each other only makes you look like your trying too hard. Also with a thicker sweater it’s a good choice to go with a slimmer bottom like a skinny jean or a pencil skirt.

Tip

When shopping for a chunkier sweater it good for it to be a looser fit, but remember you still want to show your shape. Then last thing you want to look like is a frumpy mess. Or vice versa a sausage.
What's above
Sweater: Sanctuary $150 Boots: Frye Meranda Slouch $268, Bracelet: Tinley Filigree $24, Jeans: DL1961 Naomi, Bag: Lucky Brand Abbey Road $178

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! Now i can comment!!! thank youuu!hahah I was gonna say yesterday, that i don´t like orange that much, but in some way that sweater is totally convincing my on going for it!! Great look you picked.

    xx
    Cecily

    ReplyDelete